17 June 2008

Bangkok - Ko Phi Phi

Hi from Thailand!! Everything's going well so far after a week of being here. After 2 days in Bangkok (I haven't done much due to tiredness) Eva, Kate & I were off to Ko Phi Phi Island right in the south of the country. For those who are wondering who Eva is, she's my friend from Paris who's on vacation just for a week & Kate's an english girl doing like me a bit of travelling in the same countries & that Eva met at the airport.
To get to Ko Phi Phi we took a night coach. It was long and painful: 15 hours on the bus, 5 hours waiting for the ferry & finally 1 hour 1/2 on the ferry!!! But it all worth it because the beaches here are so amazing!! On the other hand we felt really ripped off because we had to argue so many times to make sure to got what we paid for. I've only been here a week, but with the experience that I've got so far I can tell that you have to barter for, and keep track of everything you've bartered for here, or else you can get stung. That's the not best thing about Thailand.
The weather unfortunately hasn't been great since we arrived but it's fine. On Thurs night we went to a party on the beach. That was really good. There are so many people traveling like me. Some of them for a year! It's such a life style. People here say that either you like the island and will stay much longer than expected or you will just stick to your plans. Some of them had planned on staying 2 days & they've been here for 2 months!! I think I could stay here longer if I was scuba-diving. It must be so nice but it's not in my budget - maybe in Australia when I'll have some income :-)

1 comment:

skoob said...

Wow! Great photos, I'm starting to get rather jealous now! Thanks for the news, it looks like you're having a great time! :-) Be safe and have fun babe. x