31 August 2008

Back to Bangkok

After the great experience from Chiang Mai, Kate and I took different routes. She went to Laos and I slowly made my way back to Bangkok. I had a few days left before flying to Oz, so before Bangkok I stopped in Sukhothai - another old city. That was beautiful, as it is anywhere in Thailand..
I stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days and took the over night bus to go back to Bangkok the 3rd night.

During my first stay in Bangkok I had met in a restaurant Toy, a Thai women. She seemed very nice and lovely and told me to contact her when I'll be back cause she would love me to stay at her house.. At the first place I thought, nah! I won't stay.. but after spending a month in Thailand I thought that she was nice without bad intentions.. so I gave it a go and I called her before arriving in Bangkok.
I have to say that it was a bit scary cause I didn't know her a lot and no one would know where I was going to stay.. Anyway, she remembered me and decided that I will stay for 2 nights at her house.
No without apprehension I stayed there and everything was very good and so nice. I've experienced living in a Thai family for 2 days and I loved it! She basically opened me her house and made me feel like a guest and I felt so lucky to have the privilege of experiencing this. Thank you so much Toy! You have been wonderful and you will always have this special place in my heart.

After 2 days, I had to go and fly to Australia where new experiences were waiting for me.. Oz here I come!!


Me and Toi

No comments: